Thursday, May 28, 2009

Part III of Anonymously Displaced: PUBLICATION

So the Editor says:


Rufus,
Thank you for agreeing to have your name printed beneath the letter. I know it can't have been an easy decision for you and I appreciate that you'd do it in order for us to present a view that counters what's been written previously about this issue. Even though my journalistic sensibilities require me to let everyone have their say, something inside me still rebels against publishing letters like the one that refers to the displaced population as "bums" and I always hope that the more compassionate and understanding members of our community will speak up just as loudly.
So, with that in mind, I'll do my part to make sure your voice is heard by printing your letter. Thanks again for your cooperation and God bless.
(NAME REMOVED FOR LEGAL PURPOSES)

No comments:

Post a Comment