Thursday, May 28, 2009

Part II of Anonymously Displaced

The editors retort:

AD,
Thanks for submitting a letter to the editor. It's an excellent letter and I really would love to publish it as a response to what's been written so far, but unfortunately it's our policy not to publish anonymous letters. I can, of course, understand why you wouldn't want to sign the letter, but I'm just not able to print it without a name.
Thanks.
Sincerely,
(NAME REMOVED FOR LEGAL PURPOSES), Editor
Southern Dutchess News

In which Anonymously Displaced said:

(NAME REMOVED FOR LEGAL PURPOSES),
Thank you for getting back to me. Obviously my computer use is slim, I know some very kind folks who allow me to log in every now and then...
I understand completely though about why you can't publish without a name. Well since no one in this area knows me by my name, my real name that is, I suppose for the first time in twenty years I can use my real name, if it means my voice can possibly be heard...
My birth name is Rufus King.
Maybe my family might see this and know I'm out there somewhere.
Just seeing my name in print sends an existential sting down my spine.
Thank you for listening.
Sincerely,
Rufus

No comments:

Post a Comment