Wednesday, May 6, 2009

On Photographing Ghost Shrimp As Per My Aquatic Alter Ego: Pete "Ponytail" Maloney AKA Jumbo Ghost

I've designed a great Nikon with the absolute best lens for capturing up-close and beautiful shots of your shrimp.
I'll upload my most recent picture once I get the prints out of the red room.
The focus is explicitly good, and the shutter speed fast for capturing amazing stills of shrimp feeding, mating, walking, floating, swimming, standing still, and all the other great things they do.
I'm excited to show you what this lens can do.
As for the intimate act of photographing I'd say set up a camera that you can let run on time-lapse with a slow strobe light in the corner of the room, and watch as the shrimp explore their aqaurium in an almost cosmic universe.
I highly recomend a slow strobe because I have found that a high speed has induced cannibalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment